$55,000 - $75,000
Bachelor of Science
Mar 06, 2017
STAFF NURSE II- ONCOLOGY
Texas| 2 Openings.
Industry: Healthcare / Health Services - Nursing / LPNs / LVNs
Job Category: Medical / Health - Nurse
The Staff Nurse II is a Registered Nurse (RN) who provides nursing care to patients in an organized, effective manner. The Staff Nurse II embodies the behaviors associated with the Leadership, Art and Science of Nursing (identified in Duties and Responsibilities) at the Proficient level. The Staff Nurse II practices Relationship Centered Care in concert with Hospital values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence, as well as the ServicePride standards. Different specialties may require additional and more specific experienced.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Demonstrates critical thinking, creativity, and versatility in problem solving and handling complex situations.
2. Maintains knowledge of the patient`s condition and knows when to negotiate a change in the plan of care with the physician and other members of the care team.
3. Provides patient education regarding disease process and involves patient as well as family/significant other, when appropriate, in decision-making process.
4. Assesses patient progress, collaborating with other nursing staff when needed, in accordance with the nursing process and established plan of care.
5. Acts as a patient advocate in coordinating with the interdisciplinary team to facilitate holistic and goal-oriented approach to care across the continuum that meets the patient`s physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs.
6. Calmly manages all, including the most complex, clinical and interpersonal situations.
7. Seeks feedback to gain insight into performance, interpersonal behaviors and incorporates feedback to improve performance.
8. Accountable for own on-going professional growth and development.
9. Maintains strict confidentiality of patients, employees, and hospital information at all times.
10. Follows work attendance policies; maintains consistent attendance with no unexcused.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
12. Demonstrates ICARE Values
13. Follows all safety rules while on the job
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing with current Texas license. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
Minimum 1 year of nursing experience required. Different specialties may require additional experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Current license to practice as an Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Texas required. Basic Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
Normal office conditions, clinical, and non-clinical areas of facility. Extensive use of computers. Use of personal computer to abstract data and develop reports. Prolonged sitting and standing may be required. Some activities may be in hospital units with typical hospital environmental hazards and concerns. Some travel required.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
2+ to 5 years experience
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Associate's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
Are you a RN in Texas?
Do you have at least a ADN or BSN?
Do you have oncology experience?
Must have oncology experience.